Real Madrid faced a tough defeat against Atletico Madrid in their recent match. The final score was 3-1 in favor of Atletico Madrid. David Alaba had a particularly poor day at the office, being culpable for all three of Atletico’s goals.
His poor positioning and decision-making cost his team dearly. The Austrian defender was at fault for Atletico’s opener, failing to track Alvaro Morata’s run as he headed home Samuel Lino’s cross.
Alaba was then caught out of position again for Atletico’s second goal, with Joao Felix finding space between him and Antonio Rudiger to slot home. And to complete his misery, Alaba was beaten in the air by Geoffrey Kondogbia for Atletico’s third goal.
It was a truly woeful performance from Alaba, who had been one of Real Madrid’s most reliable players last season. His poor display will be a major concern for Carlo Ancelotti, especially with Eder Militao also out injured.
Jude Bellingham made his debut for Real Madrid in the same match. The English teenager showed glimpses of his quality and was lively and creative on the ball. He came close to scoring on a few occasions but couldn’t save Real Madrid from defeat on the day.
Real Madrid player ratings vs Atletico Madrid:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga – 6/10: Made a few good saves, but couldn’t do much about any of Atletico’s goals.
- Dani Carvajal – 5/10: Struggled to contain Atletico’s attack, especially down his flank.
- David Alaba – 3/10: Definately had a nightmare game, culpable for all three of Atletico’s goals.
- Antonio Rudiger – 6/10: Was one of the best player for Real Madrid’s on this day, but he was also caught out for Atletico’s second goal.
- Fran Garcia – 5/10: Was out of his depth against Atletico’s attack.
- Federico Valverde – 6/10: Was busy and energetic in midfield, but he couldn’t get Real Madrid going offensively.
- Aurelien Tchouameni – 6/10: Had a solid game in midfield, but he was also unable to prevent Atletico from dominating.
- Eduardo Camavinga – 5/10: Was anonymous throughout the game.
- Jude Bellingham – 7/10: Was one of Real Madrid’s best players on the day, lively and creative on the ball.
- Vinicius Junior – 5/10: Was well-marshalled by Atletico’s defence and couldn’t really get into the game.
- Rodrygo – 5/10: Was also unable to make a real impact on the game.
- Karim Benzema – N/A: Got Injury and missed this match.
Carlo Ancelotti – 4/10: His team, simply outplayed by Atletico Madrid. Ancelotti will need to find a best way to improve their performance if they want to challenge for the La Liga title this season.